Optical Cable Expert troubleshooting Optical Sensors, Cable/Connector Interface, Optical Cables
Read CNET’s article about Wayne Kachmar and the Facebook designed robot that can install fiber on traditional power lines:
- How small is too small…. the fiber optic cable industry over the decades
- What we do vs. what we wish to do – thoughts on the realistic integration of next-generation fiber optic technologies
- Are we doomed to repeat the past? Not letting our industry’s critical “tribal knowledge” become a lost art
- Fiber optic cable specifications: With so many specs, which ones should you qualify to?
- Optical cable measurements: Why don’t OTDR and jacket length markings agree?
- Cablers: Advice to efficiently reconfigure fiber optic process lines for add-on products – without resulting in suboptimized products
- Cablers: Are you looking to work with specialty cables or furcation tubes? If so, here are key points to consider.
- Advice for raw material suppliers planning to sell to the optical cable industry: 4 points to consider – and pitfalls to avoid
- Advice for Cable Manufacturers Looking to Enter the US Fiber Optic Market
- Buying used vs. new equipment: challenges in optical cable manufacture and new extrusion line business
- So You Want To Start a Cable Company or Add a Cable Making Division?
- Braiders, optical cables and the common ground of restorations
- Are we ready for change???
- Technical Article: Loose Tight Buffer, Time to Define What We Mean
- Wayne Kachmar answers, “Are all cable lines alike?”
- Defining type and semi tight buffers as opposed to loose tubes in optical cables
- Technical Horsepower Consulting, LLC. Announces Wayne M. Kachmar’s schedule at the 65th IWCS International Cable & Connectivity Symposium
- Technical Horsepower Consulting, LLC. Announces Presentation of Cable Strength Member to Connector Analysis Paper for the Upcoming 65th IWCS International Cable & Connectivity Symposium
- Technical Horsepower Consulting, LLC. Announces Release of New Website
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center Announces Release of New Industry Glossary as latest Technical Resource
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center announces Technical Discussion at OFC 2016
- Press Release: Wayne M. Kachmar Establishes Technical Horsepower Consulting, LLC. and Partners with FIBER OPTIC CENTER
Technical Horsepower Consulting, LLC. (THC) is an international high technology consulting company. THC was incorporated by Wayne Kachmar and built on his 38+ years of optical cable industry experience.
Wayne Kachmar has participated in many innovations and seen the maturing of the industry. Over the years, Wayne has been involved in many unique projects to provide optical cable in diverse environments such as the underwater ROV that penetrated the Titanic, as well as cable that is in service sensing sub-atomic particles in the Antarctic ice. Wayne developed a number of unique concepts and products using optical fibers as both information carriers and sensors where the cable became the sensor. These have included fiber laser ring gyroscope components and distributed acoustic sensors for terrestrial and underwater applications. As a principal investigator for many government sponsored projects, he has developed methods that push the state of the art in optical cable design and manufacture. Over his career, he has been able to fuse this state of the art knowledge with conventional fiber cable design to significantly cost reduce both materials and processes.
Published Articles by Wayne Kachmar
List of Wayne Kachmar Patents
Connect to request more information
@TechHorsepower for the latest articles, news
In 2012, Wayne was named a TE Fellow in electro-optic engineering based on the length and depth of his technical knowledge and accomplishments. This is the highest technical title within the TE structure with less than 20 persons worldwide out of 8000 scientists and engineers within TE.
In 2015, Wayne incorporated his consulting company Technical Horsepower Consulting, LLC. and joined Fiber Optic Center, Inc. as their Optical Cable Technical Expert.